Mill Creek Streamway Park
- Bike Trail
- Hiking Trails
In 2010, JCPRD's Gary L. Haller Trail was designated by Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar as a National Recreation Trail (NRT).
Please note: A number of trail improvement projects are under way along the Mill Creek Streamway Park. Users may experience closures along the trail, see below for details.
- The Mill Creek Streamway Park access point at Prairie Star Parkway will be closed beginning Monday, Aug. 26, weather permitting, for approximately five weeks. Please access the trail to the north from the 87th Lane Access Point.
- Asphalt sealing will begin on the trail at the Knights of Columbus bridge west of the Midland Drive Access Point and will proceed southward to the north end of the loop in Shawnee Mission Park from Tuesday, Sept. 24 through Thursday, Sept. 26. That section of trail will be completely closed to all users during this project. During the closure, trail users may walk or bike north from Midland to the Kansas River. They may walk or bike south from the dam access in Shawnee Mission Park to the southern terminus. Due to length, excessive shade, and cooler temps, this project may take longer than shown. Updates will be posted if further closure is necessary.
- The Shawnee Mission Park Shelter 8 access will be closed on Tuesday, Sept. 24 for seal coating. Trail can be accessed from the dam.
Access Points & Parking
- 19425 Wilder Drive, Shawnee
- 5946 Barker Road (north of Shawnee Mission Parkway), Shawnee
- 19405 Midland Drive (west of I-435), at Shawnee Mission Parkway & Midland Drive, Shawnee
- Shawnee Mission Park (near Shelter 8 and north end of dam), Lenexa
- 19803 W 87th Lane, Lenexa
- 18459 Prairie Star Parkway, Lenexa
- 11344 S Millview Road (west of Ridgeview Road), Olathe
- 1700 Northgate Street (east of Woodland Avenue), Olathe
Mill Creek Streamway Park has three varied sized shelters. The shelters are perfect for parties, family reunions, corporate events, and weddings! To ensure the use of a shelter, reservations are recommended. For individual shelter details and locations view the Subfacilities section below.
To check availability or to reserve a shelter, call (913) 831-3359, Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. or visit our Registration Office in Antioch Park.
For additional information about renting a shelter visit the reservation and rentals page.
Park Police & Safety
In an emergency, dial 911. To reach the Park Police dispatch, call (913) 782-0720.
For additional information and safety tips, visit JCPRD's Park Police page.