Dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in our community, Johnson County Park and Recreation District offers year-round program, activities, and special events for all ages!
For more information or to register online for the programs listed here, visit JCPRD.com/Register and complete a search for any of the activity numbers listed below. To register by phone, call 913-831-3359. For all in-person programs, physical distancing and COVID-19 safe practices will be encouraged.
A reminder that while JCPRD’s 50 Plus programs are primarily for people who are age 50 or older, interested parties who have not yet reached that magic age may still be able to attend. Persons 18 and older who are interested in a 50 Plus class are invited to call the 50 Plus Department at 913-826-2975 for space availability.
We’re planning more than 50 Spring Break Camps and programs serving a variety of interests. See all of the offerings.
Here's a sampling of programs JCPRD has coming up for the week of March 19-25:
March 18 - JCPRD Job Fair (Ages 14 & Older)
- JCPRD Administration Building, Sunflower Room, 7900 Renner Road, Shawnee and Lenexa, 9 a.m. to Noon, FREE - Come and WORK WHERE YOU PLAY! During this Saturday morning event, participants can learn about available opportunities for full-time, part-time, and seasonal positions and apply on the spot! See listing of current jobs available here.
March 20 - Registration begins for JCPRD’s May through August Program Season (All Ages)
- See JCPRD.com/Activities or call 913-831-3559 - Plan now for a fun-filled spring and summer with more than 500 programs for toddlers through senior adults. You’ll also find a fun assortment of special events. To keep up on the latest happenings at JCPRD, consider liking our Facebook page, and / or subscribing to our free newsletters.
March 21 - Early Learning: Who’s Been in My Garden? (Ages 2-6)
- Meadowbrook Park Clubhouse, 9101 Nall Ave., Prairie Village, 10:30 to 11:15 a.m., $8 per person, $9 nonresidents - NEW! Join Ernie Miller Nature Center at Meadowbrook Park. Step into the garden where the McGregors and Peter Rabbit tell their stories. Investigate clues found in the garden that tell who has been eating the vegetables and meet a live rabbit! Activity number 24575.
March 22 - Special Event: Spring Tea Party (Ages 50 & Older)
- Meadowbrook Park Clubhouse, 9101 Nall Ave., Prairie Village, 1:30 to 3 p.m., $15 per person, $16 nonresidents - Enjoy an afternoon of well-mannered frivolity. Try traditional Afternoon Tea snacks and sample a variety of teas. Teacups provided. Activity number 24804.
March 24 - Nature & Outdoors: Family Night Hike (Ages 6 & Older )
- Ernie Miller Nature Center, 909 N. Kansas 7 Highway, Olathe, 7 to 8:30 p.m., $8 per person, $9 nonresidents - Visit the habitats of Ernie Miller Park on this guided hike as the sun sets and the animals of the night explore the darkness. See live animals and biofacts up close indoors before our trek outside. Bring a flashlight or lantern and dare yourself to turn off the light for a portion of our walk. Dress for the weather and wear comfortable shoes. Waterproof shoes are recommended for rain or mud. Activity number 24638.
March 25 – Family Fun: Amazing Family Race (All Ages)
- Meadowbrook Park & Clubhouse, 9101 Nall Ave., Prairie Village, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., $12 per person, $13 nonresidents, 20% discount for three or more participants - Get ready for adventure at Meadowbrook Park. Use clues to play games, solve puzzles, and have fun. Pizza and popsicles provided for dinner. Please bring any additional food you would like. Contact Meadowbrook Park staff at 913-826-2975 with food allergy information. Activity number 24795.
March 25 - Exercise: Zumba® Gold (Ages 50 & Older)
- Mill Creek Activity Center, 6518 Vista Dr., Shawnee, Saturdays, 9 to 9:50 a.m., 5 sessions, $40 per person, $44 nonresidents - This moderate-intensity program is perfect for active older adults who are looking for a modified Zumba® class. Easy-to-follow choreography focuses on balance, range of motion, coordination, and fun! Activity number 24515. Want to try a class before committing to the entire session? Call for details 913-826-3160.