Summer is approaching quickly, and while some JCPRD summer camps have already filled, there is still space available in a number of programs.
Camp programmers recently suggested best bets for vacancies, and you’ll find their suggestions below. Most of the camps can be found in our Summer Camp Guide, and all of them can be found online at JCPRD.com. Just because the camp your child is interested in isn’t listed here doesn’t mean there’s not still space, so be sure to check. But for your best choice of programs, act quickly!
Enrichment & Special Interest Camps
- Crafts: Get Crafty Camp (Ages 8-12), May 25 and June 13, Roeland Park Community Center
- Discovery: Mad Science© ADVANCED ROBOTICS CAMP (Ages 8-14), July 25, Roeland Park Community Center
- Discovery: Mad Science© - Grossology Camp (Ages 7-12), June 27, New Century Fieldhouse
- Discovery: Mad Science© - Robotics Quest Camp (Ages 8-12) June 21, New Century Fieldhouse
- Discovery: Mad Science© - Secret Agent Lab Camp (Ages 6-12), June 13, New Century Fieldhouse
- Discovery: Mad Science© - Super Summer Science Lab Camp (Ages 7-12,) June 6, New Century Fieldhouse
- Discovery: Mad Science© THE WRIGHT STUFF (Ages 7-12), June 13, Roeland Park Community Center
- Games: The Knight School Chess Camp (Ages 6-12), June 27 and July 18
- Life Skills: Immersion Sports Spanish Camp (Ages 6-11), Aug. 1, Meadowbrook Park Clubhouse
Fine & Performing Arts Camps
Heritage & History Camp
Just for Fun
- Just for Fun: Young Explorers Camp (Ages 3-5) dates vary - multiple openings are available at the New Century Fieldhouse and Roeland Park Community Center locations. To see availability for these camps, sign into your ActiveNet account.
Nature & Science
This list is not comprehensive, so even if you don’t see the camp you’re interested in here, be sure to check the website or call registration at 913-831-3359, as there are small numbers of openings in many other JCPRD camps as well.
Registrations for 2022 camps, which are taken on a first-come, first-served basis, began in late January with the publication of JCPRD’s 2022 Summer Camp Guide. Additional summer camps, consisting largely of sport camps, are listed in the May through August program listings that went online on March 21. This year’s camps include more than 90 programs aimed at ages three through 17. Camps range from partial-day programs serving a variety of interests, to full-day programs with supervision from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Most full-day camps offer weekly sessions from June 6 through Aug. 1, while other camps begin throughout the summer.
Financial assistance is available for some camps on a limited basis for qualifying families. For grant information and application materials, call 913-826-3014.