New Century Fieldhouse Youth Volleyball Team Registration General Info
Winter Registration Dates
- Registration opens October 19
- Early Bird Registration Deadline - Friday, November 30
- Final Registration Deadline - Friday, December 7
Items to Bring to First Game
- Roster of all players with parent signatures
- Roster must be turned in prior to your 1st game or you will not be allowed to play
- No gate fee will be charged during league games
League Team Fee
- Team fee is $550 if paid by November 30
- Team fee is $600 from December 1 - 7
Length of Season
- Teams play double headers on Sunday evening and will play a total of 12 matches
- Games begin January 6
- Games conclude no later than March 3
- No games played February 3 or 17
- Teams can submit one conflict date at time of registration
- Game start times will range from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Game times may rotate from week to week depending on the number of teams and the availability of courts.
- 3rd/4th grade teams will usually have the earlier game times.
- We do not require uniforms or numbers; however, most teams do have a shirt of the same color.
- League fee does not include a uniform.
- T-shirts can be purchased through JCPRD for $6/shirt. If ordering through JCPRD, please submit the order to Jamie at 913-826-2853 by December 7 along with payment.
- Shirt sizes and color preference would be required when placing a shirt order.
- Game balls will be provided.
- Practice balls are to be furnished by each team.
- Grades 3 – 6 will use a volley-lite ball.
- Grades 7 - 8 will use a regulation size volleyball.
- League standings will be posted here on a weekly basis usually updated Monday or Tuesday following the games.
- If the standings are incorrect, please email Jamie.
- Awards will be given to individuals of the teams finishing 1st or 2nd place in their league.
- All league games will be played at New Century Fieldhouse – 551 New Century Parkway New Century, KS 66031.
If your team is in need of a practice facility, we can potentially accommodate your team at New Century Fieldhouse, Okun Fieldhouse, or Roeland Park Sports Dome. To reserve a court at any of those locations, see the phone #'s listed below:
- New Century Fieldhouse - 913-826-2850 (league teams receive a discount and pays $25/hr)
- Space is limited especially from November - March so call early to secure your space
- Okun Fieldhouse - 913-826-2900
- Roeland Park Sports Dome - 913-362-8700
- Each manager will receive an email with their league schedule about one week prior to the league start date.
- Schedules will also be posted here.
- Coaches will be notified of any schedule changes that may arise during the course of the season.
Score Keeper/Line Judge
- Each team is responsible for providing one person to the scorer’s table to operate the scoreboard or keep score on a score sheet.
- Each team is responsible for providing one person to line judge.
- These individuals must be at least 18 years of age or older.
Game Scheduling Conflicts
- Each team will be allowed to submit one conflict date during the registration process.
- This allows teams to put down one date over the course of the season where you know you will not be able to coach or are missing several players.
- This date will be excluded from your schedule.
- If you have no conflicts, please indicate that.
- It's very difficult to reschedule games once the schedule has been released so this process is in place to hopefully prevent any forfeits during the course of the season.
- Conflict date is due by December 7.