New Century Fieldhouse Youth Volleyball Team Registration General Info
Summer Registration Dates
- Registration opens March 20
- Early Bird Registration Deadline - Friday, May 8
- Final Registration Deadline - Friday, May 15
Items to Bring to First Game
- Roster of all players with parent signatures
- Roster must be turned in prior to your 1st game or you will not be allowed to play
- No gate fee will be charged during league games
League Team Fee
- Team fee is $550 if paid by May 8
- Team fee is $600 from May 9 - May 15
Length of Season
- Teams play six double headers on Sunday evening and will play a total of 12 matches
- Games begin June 14
- Games conclude no later than August 2
- Teams can submit one conflict date at time of registration
- Potential game dates are June 14, 21, 28, July 12 19, 26, and August 2. No games played July 5.
- Game start times will range from 5:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Game times may rotate from week to week depending on the number of teams and the availability of courts.
- 3rd/4th grade teams will usually have the earlier game times.
- We do not require uniforms or numbers; however, most teams do have a shirt of the same color.
- League fee does not include a uniform.
- T-shirts can be purchased through JCPRD for $6/shirt. If ordering through JCPRD, please submit the order to Jamie at 913-826-2853 by May 15 along with payment.
- Shirt sizes and color preference would be required when placing a shirt order.
- Game balls will be provided.
- Practice balls are to be furnished by each team.
- Grades 3 – 6 will use a volley-lite ball.
- Grades 7 - 8 will use a regulation size volleyball.
- League standings will be posted here Standings Standings Standings Standings Standings Standings on a weekly basis usually updated Monday or Tuesday following the games.
- If the standings are incorrect, please email Jamie for VHHF email Opens a New Window. for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF emaHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email .
- Awards will be given to individuals of the teams finishing 1st or 2nd place in their league.
- All league games will be played at New Century Fieldhouse – 551 New Century Parkway New Century, KS 66031.
If your team is in need of a practice facility, we can potentially accommodate your team at New Century Fieldhouse, Okun Fieldhouse, or Roeland Park Sports Dome. To reserve a court at any of those locations, see the phone #’s listed below:
- New Century Fieldhouse - 913-826-2850 (league teams receive a discount and pays $25/hr)
- Space is limited especially from November - March so call early to secure your space
- Okun Fieldhouse - 913-826-2900
- Roeland Park Sports Dome - 913-362-8700
- Each manager will receive an email with their league schedule about one week prior to the league start date.
- Schedules will also be posted here Game Schedules Game Schedules Game Schedules Game Schedules Game Schedules Game Schedules.
- Coaches will be notified of any schedule changes that may arise during the course of the season.
Score Keeper/Line Judge
- Each team is responsible for providing one person to the scorer’s table to operate the scoreboard or keep score on a score sheet.
- Each team is responsible for providing one person to line judge.
- These individuals must be at least 18 years of age or older.
Game Scheduling Conflicts
- Each team will be allowed to submit one conflict date during the registration process.
- This allows teams to put down one date over the course of the season where you know you will not be able to coach or are missing several players.
- This date will be excluded from your schedule.
- If you have no conflicts, please indicate that.
- It’s very difficult to reschedule games once the schedule has been released so this process is in place to hopefully prevent any forfeits during the course of the season.
- Conflict date is due by May 15.