New Century Fieldhouse Adult Soccer League Rules
- FIFA Laws of the Game shall apply except as amended herein.
- Lack of knowledge of these rules will not relieve any coach, team official, or player of a team from the responsibilities and possible penalties herein.
2. Covid-19 Guidelines
- Mask or face covering must be worn at all times, even while playing, unless exempt from the executive order
- No spitting
- No hand shakes with referees or other players
- Vacate bench area as soon as possible after the game
- Bring your own water bottle
- Spectators are discouraged for now, but if any attend, please make sure they are social distancing
3. Age Specific Rules
- All players in the league must be 18 or older at the time the league begins.
4. The Ball
- All adult leagues will use a size 5 ball.
- Game ball will be provided.
5. League Roster
- League roster must be turned in before the first league game.
- Players may only play on one team per specific league/division. If a league is split up in two pools or divisions, then a player can play on one team in each of those pools.
- Any team caught using players from another team in their current division will be forced to forfeit the game.
- Player(s) may be added to the roster at any point in the season.
- Player(s) may only be deleted from the league roster prior to the first league game.
6. Field Players
- Men’s leagues – 5 field players + 1 goalie
7. Minimum Players to Start Game
- All adult leagues must have a minimum of 3 players to start a game.
- A forfeit will be awarded if a team has failed to field the minimum number of players withing five (5) minutes of the game start time.
- Additional reasons for forfeits:
- If 3 red cards are given to one team in one game.
- Misconduct of players, coaches and/or spectators.
- Using non-rostered players.
- Benches clearing during a fight.
- Forfeits are scored as a 3-0 win/loss.
- Referees will not referee forfeited games.
- Players with signed waivers may use the field time for practice or scrimmage.
8. Player Equipment
- Players must have jerseys of a like color and style.
- Color conflict – visiting team is required to change team colors. Team will NOT be allowed to play shirts versus skins.
- Shin guards are HIGHLY recommended, but are not required for the adult leagues.
- Indoor turf, flat soled soccer shoes or molded soccer cleats are allowed (NO SCREW-IN CLEATS, NO TOE CLEATS).
- Goalkeepers must wear colors that distinguish them from all other players and referees.
- Jewelry is not allowed.
- Cast, knee braces, anything except shin guards made of rigid material must be covered with at least ½ inch of foam and must be approved by the center referee. All edges must be completely covered so they do not show.
- Protective head gear and goalie helmets are optional.
9. Duration of the Game
- All adult leagues will play two, 24 minute halves, separated by 2 minute halftime.
- The clock shall only be stopped for serious injuries.
- League games can end in a tie.
- Duration of games may be shortened based on unusual circumstances and at the discretion of the NCF league or building supervisor.
10. Start of Play
- A kick off will start the game and restart the game after a goal has been scored.
- Teams will change direction at half time and alternate kick off.
- A goal may be scored directly from a kickoff.
- The ball DOES NOT NEED TO GO forward on the kick off – HOUSE RULE.
- Outdoor FIFA rules apply when passing back to the goalkeeper.
- Goalkeeper may slide tackle only if the ball is inside the penalty box.
- Goalkeeper may throw, punt, or roll the ball the entire length of the field without penalty.
- If Goalkeeper hits the ceiling with the ball and the ball bounces back to goalkeeper, he/she may not use hands directly from the ceiling. Ball has left the goal box and has returned into goal box from goalkeeper’s own touch – violation. The goalkeeper may play ball without using hands. If goalkeeper uses hands when balls returns from a punt, kick or throw from goalkeeper, an indirect kick will be given to the opposing team from the spot of the foul. A penalty kick WILL NOT be given for this infraction.
- Teams may substitute freely as long as there is no advantage to be gained.
- Substituting players must enter/exit field in a location defined by the referee.
- Any player may change places with the goalkeeper, provided the referee is informed before the change is make, and provided also that the change is made during a stoppage of the game.
- Substitute players are to remain in the player bench area.
13. Ceiling/Out of Bounds
- If the ball touches the netting, it is considered a dead ball and will be placed according to the following guidelines.
- If the ball touches the netting directly above the playing field, the ball shall be placed on the turf, within a 3 feet radius of where the ball initially touched the netting. The team that did not touch the ball last shall restart play.
- If the ball touches the netting above the goal box area, and was last touched by the offensive team, the result will be a goal kick. If the ball was last touched by the defensive team, the result will be a corner kick. A whistle must signal the restart.
- A throw-in, corner kick, or goal kick will be awarded when the ball goes out of bounds. A throw-in may not go directly into the goal.
- Player has 5 seconds to put ball back into play.
- There shall be no offsides rule in effect.
- FIFA outdoor soccer rules apply to all infractions, including but not limited to: kicking, pushing, tripping, hand balls, etc… Thus, we will play direct and indirect kicks depending on the foul.
- No slide tackling – Slide tackling will be defined as anything other than the feet touching the ground when attempting to take the ball away from an opponent. Players may slide to save balls from out of bounds – the rule is no tackling.
- Goalkeepers may slide inside the penalty box.
16. Free Kicks
- The following applies to all restarts:
- Indirect and direct kicks will be given according to FIFA rules of the game.
- Ball is in play when it makes contact with the initial player.
- Opposing players shall be 5 yards from the ball.
- Player taking a kick cannot play it again until someone else touches the ball.
- If an opponent refuses to move back 5 yards on referee’s request, he may be given a yellow card for unsportsmanlike conduct.
- If a player taking the kick delays for longer than five (5) seconds after having been signaled to do so by the referee, the opposing team will be awarded the kick.
17. Yellow Card Policy
- A player receiving a yellow card must be immediately substituted off the field and may re-enter at the next substitution opportunity for that team.
- A player receiving two yellow cards in a single game will result in a red card. (see below)
18. Red Card Policy
- Players receiving a red card in a game will not be allowed to play the remainder of the game and the player’s team will play a man down for the remainder of the game.
- Players receiving a “soft” red card (two yellow cards in single match) will be allowed to play next game with referee’s note of approval. Referee can note that player punishment should be enforced as a “hard” red.
- Players receiving a “hard” red card will miss the remainder of the game and will be automatically suspended from the next game in the season.
- If the person is ejected in the last game of the season, said person shall be prohibited from playing/coaching in the first game after he/she registers for another season.
- The following are red card eligible offenses:
- Foul and abusive language.
- Persistent infraction of the rules after receiving a yellow card.
- Violent conduct (including, but not limited to: spitting, threatening, continued rough play, etc.) will be suspended as outlined above and in addition, will be suspended one additional game and subject to further disciplinary action as decided by the complex management.
- Assaulting a referee, participant or spectator will be suspended indefinitely from all activities at the New Century Fieldhouse.
- An assault shall be defined as an attempt to commit a battery upon a person; and an act which is close to accomplishment shall be sufficient to constitute an assault upon a person. Local authorities will be notified.
- Any player or coach who accumulates three cautions (yellow cards) during league matches per session will be suspended for one league game.
- Should a coach of a team be unable to control a player’s or spectator’s actions after a red card is issued, the coach will also be suspended as outlined above
- A player or coach accumulating three red cards over a one year period will face serious disciplinary action, possibly banning them from New Century Fieldhouse for life.
- Any team that clears the bench will automatically forfeit the game and score will be recorded as a 3-0 loss.
- Team Probation – Any incidents occurring for a two-month probationary period will be grounds for suspension from New Century Fieldhouse for 1 year.
- No refunds will be given to suspended players or teams.
- If for any reason an official/referee or employee of the New Century Fieldhouse asks that a person leave the facility, the person must leave the property or authorities will be notified.
- Fighting: “Zero Tolerance Policy” Anyone fighting will be ejected from said game and suspended for a minimum of two games and up to permanently. Anyone threatening or stalking another player, coach, staff, referee or spectator will also be ejected and reported to the local authorities.
19. Referee Authority
- Referee authority applies to enforcing the laws of the game; anything outside of that he/she must consult with New Century Fieldhouse management.
- All calls are the judgment of the referee, and are final.
- Any and all calls made by the referee are not subject to protest.
- If a referee has given 3 red cards within the game, he or she is to halt the game and contact the New Century Fieldhouse management.
- At which point, NCF management has the discretion to terminate the game.
- The referee has the ability to present a red card, prior to, during and after a game.
- It is the sole authority of the NCF management to determine player/team suspensions.
20. League Standings Point System
- New Century Fieldhouse indoor soccer leagues will abide by the following rules with regards to standings:
- Standings will be determined by points.
- Win = 3 points
- Tie = 1 point
- Loss = 0 points
- Red card by player, coach, manager or spectator = -1 point
- League games that end in a tie score after regulation play shall remain a tie game.
21. Division Standings - Team Ties
- Any divisions ending in a tie at the end of league season shall be governed by the following tie breaking system in order:
- Head to Head results between tied teams
- Fewest goals allowed
- Goal differential – max of 3 goals per game
- Coin flip
22. League Fees
All teams must pay the full balance at the time of registration to secure a spot in the league. If a team removes itself from a league, all fees paid shall be forfeited. If JCPRD drops a team from a league, all fees paid shall be forfeited. No refunds or game credits shall be given for the following:
- Forfeited games
- Inclement weather
- Stoppage of game due to player and/or spectator misconduct or injury.