CAMPGROUNDS ARE CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19.
JCPRD campground reservations are available only for not-for-profit youth organizations such as Scouts, American Heritage Girls, Girl Scouts, and religious youth groups.
JCPRD offers three (3) campsites for you to choose from.
- Big Bull Creek Park - Edgerton, KS
- Shawnee Mission Park - Shawnee Mission, KS
- TimberRidge Adventure Center - Olathe, KS
Reservation details for Big Bull Creek and Shawnee Mission parks:
- Maximum 25 people per pod/site
- Camping groups should practice the leave no trace philosophy - "pack it in, pack it out" (including trash)
- Reservations are 24 hours - noon to noon
- Campground must be paid for at the time of reservation. No holds without payment
- Once a reservation is confirmed and paid a permit will be emailed to you
- Campground fees are non-refundable
- Reservations can be made:
Campground rates for Big Bull Creek Park and Shawnee Mission Park.
- Johnson County residents: $25 per day, per pod/site
- Nonresidents: $35 per day per pod/site
Camping information and rates for TimberRidge Adventure Center listed below under the TimberRidge heading.
Big Bull Creek Park
33900 West 213th Street, Edgerton, KS
- Three camping pods to choose from
- Pod two is ADA accessible
- Two grills at each pod
- All seasons restroom onsite
- Shelter - shared by those who reserve campgrounds
- Electrical outlets at shelter
- 15 tables, three ADA
- Flag pole
- Large fire pit near shelter
- Water spigot at shelter
- Firewood not provided, please bring your own. It is prohibited to destroy or damage property, including vegetation, within the boundaries of any District facility.
- Access to fishing ponds at Big Bull Creek and Mildale Farm. Kansas State permit required and JCPRD permit required for Johnson County residents ages 16 - 64, and nonresidents 16 years of age and older. Permits can be obtained at Visitor Services located at the JCPRD Administration Building inside Shawnee Mission Park or at various retail locations in Johnson County.
Shawnee Mission Park
7900 Renner Road, Shawnee, KS
- Two camping sites to choose from
- No restroom onsite, chemical toilet 1/2 mile from site 1 and 1/4 mile from site 2
- Site 1: two picnic tables, two buffet-style tables
- Site 2: four picnic tables, one buffet-style table
- No electricity
- No water available
- Firewood not provided, please bring your own. It is prohibited to destroy or damage property, including vegetation, within the boundaries of any District facility
- Key checkout required, up to 48 hours in advance of reservation
- Access to Shawnee Mission Park lake for fishing. KS State permit required and JCPRD permit required for Johnson County residents ages 16 - 64, and nonresidents 16 years of age and older. Permits can be obtained at Visitor Services located at the JCPRD Administration Building inside Shawnee Mission Park.
TimberRidge Adventure Center
12300 S. Homestead Lane, Olathe, KS.
We have two campsites available at TimberRidge.
April - October may be booked 90 days in advance
November - March may be booked up to a year in advance
- Maximum 50 people per site/per night.
- Camping is available Friday or Saturday. Reservations are 24 hours, 3:00 PM - 3:00 PM.
- Campgrounds must be paid at the time of reservation. No holds without payment.
- Campground fees are non-refundable.
- Campers only have access to campground and lakefront area for fishing. If other groups are on-site at the shelter or welcome center, campers need to be respectful of their rentals. During your stay, we ask that campers stay within the campground area. Challenge course and areas south of the ponds are off-limits unless a program has been booked with TimberRidge staff.
- Fires allowed in designated fire rings/areas only. Firewood will be provided. Please do not bring firewood on-site.
- Camping groups should practice the leave no trace philosophy when camping at TimberRidge. “Pack it in, Pack it out” (including trash).
- Reservations for the TimberRidge Site can be made:
- $50 per day, per site.
Camp Site A & B will both have access to and share:
- Small Cooking Shelter with 1 aluminum picnic table
- Frost Free Water Pump
- Porta Potty
- Group cooking fire pit
- Catch & Release fishing at Catfish pond or Nessie’s Lagoon.
- KS state fishing license required for those ages 16 years - 72 years.
- JCPRD District fishing permit is NOT required.
Camping Amenities for each Site A & B:
- 1 small fire ring
- 1 lantern hook
- Convenient parking
- 2 wooden picnic tables
At TimberRidge Adventure Center groups have the option to add on a challenge course program.
- Participants must be in or have completed 5th grade or 11 years of age or older.
- We charge for a minimum of 10 participants.
- Available Mid-March through Mid-November.
- Low course 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- High course 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Call (913) 856-8849 for pricing and booking availability or email Lysa.