The previous Shawnee Mission Park Beach House was demolished in September 2016 due to age and structural concerns. The new structure was completed in May of 2018.
- 1,344 square feet of space including restrooms, concessions, check-in area, and office space
- A wave-like roof design that measures 106 by 50 feet
- A "rich blue" glazed block exterior
- An outdoor shower with feet and body sprayers surrounded by a low retaining wall
- Stairs and an accessible pathway to the beachPlans for the beach house were completed by International Architects Aielier of Kansas City, Missouri. RF Benchmark Construction of Manhattan, Kansas, is the contractor for this project. Estimated project cost is $925,000.