Roeland Park Early Childhood Development Center
SUMMER CHILD CARE CAMP
Summer Camp Parent Orientation information HERE
Please take a few minutes to read through the Summer Camp Parent Handbook. Click to open the Handbook.
COVID-19 Summer Camp Addendum:
Mandatory Quarantine: Fees will be prorated if child is diagnosed with Covid-19 or is required to quarantine. A physician’s note mandating quarantine will be required.
Facility Closure: Fees will be prorated/refunded if program/camp is closed due to illness, state or local mandates.
To schedule a tour, contact our Program Director. The enrollment packet is available at the link below. Please print the forms, complete the first two pages and return to our Program Director for processing. The remainder of the forms are due two weeks prior to your start date. Spaces will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Email with any questions.
2020-2021 Roeland Park
Early Childhood Development Center Fees
|PROGRAM OPTIONS (7a-6p)||WEEKLY FEE RATES|
|Enrollment Fee||$40.00 annual|
|Full Time Resident (4-5 days)||$185.00/week|
|Part Time Resident (3 days or less)||$119.00/week|
|Declined Payment Fee||$30.00|
|Program Options Change Fee||$15.00|
|Late Pick-Up Fee||$1.00/minute|
Ages 3 to 5 years old
Our programs focus on self-awareness, motor development, self-selected activity, pre-academic skills, and creative arts along with field trips, classroom visitors, and special events. We are equipped with a variety of learning centers that encourage the young child to explore and understand his/her environment.
Gentle Guidance by Caring Teachers
Through the gentle guidance of our caring and experienced teachers, each child is able to achieve realistic goals specific to individual needs. Programs also seek to include special projects, field trips, parties, and other activities based upon the interests of the children enrolled. Our unique multi-age group setting allows children to experience opportunities in both peer mentoring and modeling. Children are encouraged to be responsible decision makers who work well in communities.
About our Facilities
Our Early Education Center is open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our center features a morning preschool component, extended programming for the working parent, daily hot lunch along with a morning and afternoon healthy snack, early afternoon quiet period, and late afternoon creative arts and socialization activities.
Fully licensed by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment our programs maintain a 1 to 12 staff to child ratio. Our site program director possess a bachelors degrees from an accredited university. This advanced education allows the director and staff to plan a wide variety of interesting and age appropriate activities including science experiments, cooking, health, fitness, environmental education and recreation.
Requirements for Participation
- Participants must be fully toilet trained prior to starting our program.
- Children must be 3 years old.
- All enrollment forms must be completed one week prior to your child’s first day of attendance.
Fees will be paid weekly by recurring payment and are fully inclusive of all program activities.
Roeland Park ECDC follows the Shawnee Mission School District inclement weather closures.
- "You are all doing amazing work! Thank you for making a difference in the lives of these children…”
- "Your people are great, the web site is beautiful and my kids love the teachers." Bruce
- "My son has blossomed since coming here. I could not be happier with the care or instruction." Janelle
- "Thank you so much for all of your effort to make Eli’s after school time more than I could ever have hoped it to be!”
- "The teachers are the highlight of our mornings and makes the transition from home to school very smooth..." Dana
- "My son really enjoys his time at the center. He loves the teachers and the activities during their day..." Angie
To make a request in current Programming options or to drop from the program, please complete this form. You will be contacted within 48 business hours to verify your requests. Must request a change at least one week in advance.