Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration
Haga clic en la flecha para ver en español
Wednesday, October 12
6 - 8 PM
Arts & Heritage Center
8788 Metcalf Avenue,
Overland Park, KS 66212
Join the Johnson County Arts & Heritage Center for a festive evening in celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month! From Spanish explorers, to Mexican traders and laborers, to recent Central and South American immigrants, the Kansas City region has deep Latino history. Today, the Latino community is Johnson County’s fastest growing population. National Hispanic Heritage Month is a time to honor the cultures and contributions of Latino Americans across the United States.
- Event emceed by Edgar Palacios, President & CEO of Latinx Education Collaborative
- Musical performances by El Mariachi KC Estrella, Voces Festivas, and more!
- Free admission to the Johnson County Museum and KidScape
- A special Walk and Read from Johnson County Library
- Bike displays from the Olathe Leadership Lowrider Bike Club
- Traveling mural display from artist team ITRAicons
- Healthy ingredients and cooking resources from El Centro’s Promotoras de Salud
- Live radio broadcast by La Mega KC
- Food samples from El Pulgarcito, Mom’s Empanadas, Palacana, and Taco Naco
- A Papel Picado community art project – fun for the entire family!
This event is hosted by the Johnson County Arts & Heritage Center and Johnson County Park & Recreation District with the support of many community partners: El Centro, ITRAicons, Johnson County Library, Johnson County Museum, La Mega KC, La Resistencia Press, Latinx Educational Collaborative, Olathe Leadership Lowrider Bike Club, and Xánath Caraza.