JCPRD Kids Virtual Triathlon
While some folks are super excited to head back to in-person events, we understand that others may want to race from afar. With that in mind, we've elected to host both an in-person race AND a virtual race moving forward.
In this unique time, we are going to focus on what we CAN DO and not what we can’t do! SOOOOOOOO….Get ready to be creative, active and feel accomplished at the JCPRD Kids Virtual Triathlon!
Registration fee: $20 for 6+, $12 for 5 & Under and includes the following:
- JCPRD Kids Virtual Triathlon checklist
- Printable, personalized JCPRD Kids Virtual Triathlon race bib
- JCPRD Kids Virtual Triathlon T-shirt
- JCPRD Kids Virtual Triathlon Finisher’s Medal
*+$5 shipping (if you're unable to pick up your packet)
Have a bike and tennis shoes but no pool? No problem! The third segment of your TRI is only limited by your child’s imagination. Love to skateboard or do cartwheels? You choose … the sky is the limit!
Here’s where the fun begins! Get your kids involved in creating the courses & designing their transition, water stations and start/finish line!
*Side note … a water station running through a sprinkler would be pretty sweet!
Invite friends and family to cheer them on!
Ready …. Set …. Let’s TRI!
Recommended distances are based on our actual race distances and can be found on the "Course Options/Course Maps" tabs above.
Have some fun with this part! The third segment of the triathlon is completely up to your athlete... a "choose your own adventure" format. Does your child love to kayak or rollerblade? Their third activity can be whatever their little heart desires. Perhaps consider making this segment a timed event rather than for distance - especially if they’re doing jumping jacks. Or skateboarding a few miles might be fun too! Of course, be sure to take into consideration your athlete’s age and ability.
- 5 & under: 25 meter splash
- 6-10: 100 meters
- 11-14: 200 meters
- 5 & under: .2 miles
- 6-8: 1.6 miles
- 9-10: 3.2 miles
- 11-14: 4.8 miles
- 5 & under: .2 miles
- 6-10: 1 mile
- 11-14: 2 miles
RULES + MORE INFO
- Registration is open through August 21st, 2021
- Register early to guarantee shirt/medal at time of packet pickup
- Athletes registered prior to August 5th will be able to pick up their packets on the 5th & 6th
- Packet pickup will be held at the Mill Creek Activity Center (6518 Vista Dr. Shawnee, KS 66218) on Thursday, August 5th and Friday, August 6th from 10am-5pm
- Packets for non-local athletes will be mailed - a $5 fee will be charged for this.
- Athletes aged 14 and younger are eligible to participate
- Race should be completed by August 21st
- SAFETY first! Remember: helmets, shoes, etc. We don’t want anyone getting hurt
- Creativity and fun are a MUST!
Questions? Call or email Katy - (913) 826-2964 | email@example.com