2020 JCPRD Kids TRI My Way
Our Race Management team has been hard at work trying to find a way to safely host an in-person triathlon while ensuring the health and well-being of everyone involved in the age of COVID-19. After working closely with our state and local partners, we have determined that an in-person event is not the most responsible decision so we are choosing to move the event to a virtual platform. JCPRD has always maintained a high level of safety at our events and this year is no different.
In this unique time, we are going to focus on what we CAN DO and not what we can’t do! SOOOOOOOO….Get ready to be creative, active and feel accomplished at the virtual JCPRD Kids Tri My Way!
- JCPRD Kids TRI My Way checklist
- Printable personalized JCPRD TRI My Way race bib
- JCPRD Kids TRI My Way T-shirt
- JCPRD Kids TRI My Way Finisher’s Medal
*+$5 shipping (if you can’t pick up your packet)
Have a bike and tennis shoes but no pool? No problem! The third segment of this year’s TRI is only limited by your child’s imagination. Love to skateboard or do cartwheels? You choose … the sky is the limit!
Here’s where the fun begins! Get your kids involved in creating the courses & designing their transition, water stations and start/finish line!
*Side note … a water station running through a sprinkler would be pretty sweet!
Invite friends and family to cheer them on from a socially distant spot, of course.
Ready …. Set …. Let’s TRI!
Recommended distances are based on our actual race distances and can be found on the "Course Options/Course Maps" tabs.
Have some fun with this part! The third segment of the triathlon is completely up to your athlete... a "choose your own adventure" format. Does your child love to kayak or rollerblade? Their third activity can be whatever their little heart desires. Perhaps consider making this segment a timed event rather than for distance - especially if they’re doing jumping jacks. Or skateboarding a few miles might be fun too! Take into consideration your athlete’s age and ability.
- 5 & under: 25 meter splash
- 6-10: 100 meters
- 11-14: 200 meters
- 5 & under: .2 miles
- 6-8: 1.6 miles
- 9-10: 3.2 miles
- 11-14: 4.8 miles
- 5 & under: .2 miles
- 6-10: 1 mile
- 11-14: 2 miles
RULES + MORE INFO
- Registration is open through August 21st
- Early register to guarantee shirt/medal at time of packet pickup
- Athletes registered prior to August 6th will be able to pick up their packets on the 6th & 7th
- Packet pickup will be held in a drive thru format at the Mill Creek Activity Center (6518 Vista Dr. Shawnee, KS 66218) on Thursday, August 6th and Friday, August 7th from 10am-5pm
- Packets for non-local athletes will be mailed - a $5 fee will be charged for this.
- Athletes aged 14 and younger are eligible to participate
- Race should be completed by August 22nd
- SAFETY first! Remember: helmets, shoes, etc. We don’t want anyone getting hurt
- Creativity and fun are a MUST!
Questions? Call or email Katy - (913) 826-2964 | email@example.com