Shawnee Mission Park Beach
Shawnee Mission Park Beach was named the best beach in Kansas by Money Magazine. The new beach house was constructed and opened for the summer of 2018. Amenities include large lake front beach swim area, sand volleyball court, large shaded concession area and restroom facilities.
Hours of Operation
|Hours of Operation|
|May 29th - August 8th|
|Open Daily: 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm *|
|* Closes at 5:00 pm on Tuesdays & Thursdays|
Schedule subject to change without notice.
|Age||Johnson County Resident||Non-Resident|
|12 & Under||$4||$4.50|
|13 - 59||$6||$6.50|
|60 & Older||$4||$4.50|
Open Water Swim Training
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Looking to train for an upcoming triathlon or want to change up your swim workout? Johnson County Park & Recreation District offers open water swim trainings on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Shawnee Mission Park Beach. Pre-registration is required to participate.
These trainings are for adults 18 years of age and older.
All swimmers should be able to swim 500 meters freestyle and have endurance to swim in open water conditions. Lifeguard will be on duty.
All participants must be pre-registered by 10:00 am of the day of the open water swim training. A minimum number of participants must be registered or the practice will be canceled due to low enrollment. If a participant is registered for a practice that is canceled, the participant will receive a full refund.
Shawnee Mission Park Beach Rules & Regulations
We want to ensure you have a fun and safe experience, please ensure you are following all Shawnee Mission Park Beach rules and regulations.
- No refunds for admission, unless the facility is closed by JCPRD staff.
- Please obey lifeguards and JCPRD staff at all times. Staff reserves the right to ask any patron who is not following the rules and regulations to leave the facility without refund.
- Must be 12 years old or older to enter the facility without an adult .
- No alcohol, tobacco or drugs are allowed.
- Pets are not allowed at the Shawnee Mission Park Beach. Please visit the Shawnee Mission Park Park Dog Park where there is a pet-friendly beach.
- JCPRD is not responsible for accidents or damage to personal property.
- Concessions are available but you may bring your own food and drink - no glass or alcohol.
- You may bring chairs and shade structures, such as umbrellas.
- All floatation devices must be US Coast Guard approved. Please check your floatation device as all US Coast Guard approved items are marked. No rafts or inflatables are allowed.