Summer Camps licensed by KDHE (Summer Escapades, Outdoor Discovery Camp, Indoor OST camps, Natureplay camps) will begin as scheduled.
Parks and trails will remain open during normal hours. Please practice physical distancing, it applies outdoors too!
Pickleball and tennis courts are open for singles play only.
The JCPRD Administration Building and Visitor Services counter are open, please do not enter if you are not feeling well. Restroom facilities remain open during regular park hours.
JCPRD fishing, boating, and archery permits can be purchased at Bass Pro Shop at the customer service counter, store hours are 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., seven days a week. To purchase a JCPRD permit over the phone with a credit card, call (913) 438-7275, Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. A receipt will be emailed to serve as a temporary permit and you will receive your physical permit by mail. Kansas State fishing licenses can be purchased at those retailers, as well as online at ksoutdoors.com/License-Permits.
The Registration Office at Antioch Park is now open, please do not enter if you are not feeling well. You may reach them by calling (913) 831-3359, Monday - Friday from 8:30 am - 5 pm. To register for summer camps or programs, visit JCPRD.com.
• All JCPRD playgrounds are closed. Click here for more information.
• Basketball courts are closed.
• Rentals at the Shawnee Mission Park Marina are closed until June 1. All reservations will be done online.
• Campgrounds at Shawnee Mission Park, Big Bull Creek Park, and TimberRidge Adventure Center are closed until further notice.
• Closed JCPRD facilities include; Ernie Miller Nature Center, Johnson County Arts & Heritage Center and Johnson County Museum, Mill Creek Activity Center, Roeland Park Sports Dome, Meadowbrook Park Clubhouse, Okun Fieldhouse at Mid-America West Sports Complex, New Century Fieldhouse, Roeland Park Community Center, Lanesfield Historic Site, and the Shawnee Mission School District Aquatic Center.
Program and Event Cancellations:
• Theatre in the Park has cancelled the first four shows of the outdoor summer season including "Cinderella," "All Shook Up," "Big River," and "Newsies." There are plans to hold the final production, "Mama Mia" (July 31-Aug 8), subject to additional orders or recommendations. This does not affect indoor theater productions at the Black Box Theatre in the Johnson County Arts & Heritage Center scheduled for the fall.
• The Day in the Park, June 6, has been cancelled.
• Large events (tournaments, indoor theater, large rentals, etc.) are suspended until further notice.
• Kansas City Corporate Challenge games for the 2020 season are cancelled.
• The Shawnee Mission Triathlon scheduled for July 12 has been cancelled.
JCPRD is taking a number of precautionary measures to protect our patrons, volunteers, and staff, as we continue to monitor the situation. We are working with Johnson County Government partners and referencing peer institutions to make the best decisions. We are prepared to follow all directions provided by public health agencies to mitigate the spread of any virus, including the potential cancellation of future programming for a period of time if necessary. Should that happen, we will notify patrons as quickly as possible and will maintain communication as circumstances change. Until that time, we intend to serve our patrons and our families in the best way possible while working to ensure the continued health of our community.
Johnson County Health & Environment is updating Johnson County residents on preparing and response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Stay up-to-date with JoCo Health & Environment as they monitor the status of Johnson County and keep up with the latest updates from the Center for Disease Control (CDC).