Inclement Weather Information & Notifications
Johnson County Park and Recreation District uses an online app, Rainout Line, to communicate delays and cancellations. Rainout Line is easy to use and allows you to receive event, program and facility closures, cancellations and notifications instantly by phone, text, email or use of the free Rainout Line mobile app. Updates are provided not only for inclement weather, but also in the event of a power outage, safety issue, or any other administrative need.
As winter weather season approaches we encourage you to review your Rainout Line notification options below.
Please know, our staff takes many things into consideration when making the determination on whether or not to close facilities or cancel events. The safety of our patrons and staff is always a top priority. We work hard to be timely in our cancellations while also being careful not to cancel too quickly.
Call (913) 686-6030 and follow the extension for your desired program area.
Follow the steps listed below to receive email or text notification for program cancellations or park closings.
- Go to Rainoutline.com
- Click “Log In.”
- Enter your credentials or “Create a New User Account.” If you already have an account skip to step 7.
- Follow the instructions in the “Note” field to verify your email address.
- Follow the instructions provided in the email from Rainout Line.
- Set up a password and click “Save Changes” when complete.
- Click “Home”
- In the “Find a Rainout Line” search bar, enter “JCPRD” and click “Search.”
- Click on the link for “Johnson County Park and Recreation District” and/or “Johnson County Park and Recreation PARKS.”
- Select the area you would like to receive notifications for and then select “Email & Text Alerts”. You may elect to receive alerts from all listed JCPRD facilities or you may select only the locations(s) from which you would like to receive alerts by clicking on their individual links prior to selecting “Email & Text Alerts”.
- Select your preferred notification method from the tabs at the top of the page and enter your email address or 10-digit phone and subscribe to the program area for which you want to receive notifications.
Our inclement weather line offers you a FREE iOS and android app to quickly check event, program and facility closures, cancellations and notifications. To download the app, go to the app store or market on your smart device and search “Rainout line”. Download the Rainoutline.com app and search for “JCPRD”. When it appears remember to favorite these options: Johnson County Park & Recreation District & Johnson County Park & Recreation PARKS. The status of all JCPRD programs and parks will appear in these lists.