Youth Soccer - Heritage Soccer Park
Youth soccer of JCPRD provides the community with a recreational soccer program for children beginning ages 4 to 14 (8th grade). Games will be played at Heritage Soccer Park through 4th grade and both Heritage and Stump Parks for 5th - 8th grade. Games are usually played on Saturday or Sunday in both spring and fall seasons.
We are excited to now be partnering with the local YMCA's for pee wee - 4th grade. This partnership should provide the league with more recreational teams in these age groups, thus giving each team more opponents to play during the season.
The league's philosophy is to enrich the youth of our community via the game of soccer while enhancing the social skills and team play in a fun and exciting sports environment.
Spring 2020 League Timeline
- Online Registration Link Johnson County Park & Recreation activities Opens in New Window
- Registration deadline for grades 1 - 8 is February 7.
- Registration deadline for the pee wee Pre-k and kindergarten league is March 6.
- Fee for grades 5 - 8 is $86.
- Fee for grades 1 - 4 is $81.
- Fee for pee wee league is $70.
- A $15 late fee will be assessed to any registration that is accepted after the posted deadline.
- A $15 jersey fee is also added to anyone new to the league, changing teams, outgrown old jersey, or moving out of the pee wee league into the 1st grade league.
- Games start March 21 for grades 5 - 8.
- Games start March 28 for grades 1 - 4.
- Games start April 4 for the pee wee leauge (Pre-k & kindergarten).
- Practices begin week of March 2 weather permitting for grades 1 - 8.
- All teams are coached by parent volunteers. Head coach will have their child's fee waived.
Coach's Information/Forms for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF emai for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email or VHHF email for VHHF email for VHHF email
Pee Wee Pre-K & Kindergarten (Ages 4-6)
Six games played on Saturdays and/or Sundays with a 25-minute practice and then a 24-minute game. Format is 4 v 4 with no goalie and volunteer coaches. Max of 8 players on a team. Teams may be coed but will keep girls and boys separate if possible. Players in first grade must play in the Johnson County Youth Soccer (JCYS) division. If interested in indoor soccer, New Century Field House has a league.
JCYS (Grades 1 - 4)
- Grades 1 & 2
- Play 5 v 5 (including a goalie)
- Two 25-minute halves
- Size 4 ball
- Grades 3 & 4
- Play 7 v 7
- Two 25-minutes halves
- Size 4 ball
Boys and girls are on separate teams. A minimum of 1 practice a week. Parent volunteer coaches. Teams will play eight games played at Heritage Soccer Park on Saturday morning or afternoon and/or Sunday afternoon.
JCYS (Grades 5 - 8)
- Grades 5 & 6 (Under 12, Under 13)
- Play 9 v 9
- Two 30-minute halves
- Size 4 ball
- Grades 7 & 8 (Under 14, Under 15)
- Play 11 v 11
- Two 35-minute halves
- Size 5 ball
- Boys and girls are on separate sanctioned teams
- Games for these age groups are played at Heritage Soccer and Stump Parks
- General League Information
Jersey & Equipment
JCPRD jerseys must be worn during games. Order a jersey for an additional cost if you have not played in JCPRD outdoor soccer before or if you have outgrown yours or have changed to a team with a different color. All teams moving from pee wee to 1st grade in the fall or spring needs to purchase a Johnson County Youth Soccer (JCYS) jersey.
All players must wear shin guards covered by socks.
Heritage Soccer Park Map
Park is only open for scheduled practices and league games.
All coaches, players and parents participating in JCPRD sports programs are highly encouraged to take the online concussion training offered by the CDC.