|There's still time to participate in Passport to Adventure 2012|
There's still time this year to participate in the Interpretive Site Coalition of Kansas City’s seventeenth annual Passport to Adventure event at the Ernie Miller Nature Center or at any of the 24 other sites in the metro area.
This year's event began in late March and runs through Oct. 31. Passport to Adventure is a great way for area residents to experience nature, science, and history in their own backyard. The annual event is meant to encourage the public to visit area nature centers, museums and historic sites.
The program is free, although some sites charge regular admission to their facilities. Participants can obtain a passport at any of the sites below. Passport holders have until Oct. 31 to get their passport stamped at all 25 participating sites in order to be eligible for prizes. Everyone who does so will receive a special prize by mail. In addition, each participating site will offer a small complimentary gift for answering a question relating to the site at the time the passport is stamped.
Sites participating in the 2012 Passport to Adventure are:
- Alexander Majors House 8201 State Line Road KC, MO (816) 333-5556
- Anita B. Gorman Discovery Center 4750 Troost, Kansas City, MO (816) 759-7300
- Battle of Westport Visitor's Center 6601 Swope Parkway, Kansas City, MO. (913) 345-2000
- Beanstalk Children's Garden 6917 Kensington, Kansas City, MO (816) 931-3877
- Burr Oak Woods Conservation Nature Center 1401 NW Park Road, Blue Springs, MO (816) 228-3766
- Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead 138th & Switzer, Overland Park KS (913) 897-2360
- Ernie Miller Nature Center 909 N. Kansas-7 Highway, Olathe, KS (913) 764-7759
- Fort Osage Historic Site 107 Osage St., Sibley, MO. (816) 650-3278
- George Owens Nature Park 1601 South Speck Road, Independence, MO (816) 325-7115
- Grinter Place 1420 South 78th Street KC, KS (913) 299-0373
- Harris Kearney House 1855 4000 Baltimore, Kansas City, MO. (816) 561-1821
- John Wornall House Museum 6115 Wornall Road, Kansas City, MO (816)444-1858
- Kansas City Museum 3218 Gladstone Blvd (816) 483-8300
- Kemper Outdoor Education Center 8201 Jasper Bell Road, Blue Springs, MO (816) 229-8980
- Lakeside Nature Center 4701 E. Gregory, Kansas City, MO (816) 513-8960
- Legler Barn Museum 14907 W. 87th Street Parkway, Lenexa, KS (913)492-0038
- Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm Historic Site 1200 East Kansas City Road, Olathe, KS (913) 971-5111
- Martha Lafitte Thompson Nature Sanctuary 407 N. LaFrenz Road, Liberty, MO (816) 781-8598